Select from the following options and click each item to reveal more information:
Copy Content from Old Course to New Course
Using the Course Copy Tool in Blackboard
Follow these simple steps to copy content from one course to another:
- Go to the course that contains the desired content, i.e “source course”
- Click Packages and Utilities under the Course Management menu (left-hand side of screen)
- Click Course Copy
- Click the Browse button
- Select the name of the empty course, i.e. “destination course”, from list of Courses
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, click the Submit button
- Click the Select All button
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, Click the Submit button
- A notice will appear at the top of the page,
“Success: Course Copy action queued. An email will be sent when the process is complete.
Important Things to Remember
- After Step 8, there is often long pause before you receive the status information in step 9. Be patient. You will eventually receive a status change that the copy will be processed.
- This course copy process does NOT overwrite any content that might already be in the destination course. Every course copy process only adds to whatever is already in the destination course. If you wish to have a fresh new course from the course copy process, first delete everything from the destination course.
Purpose for Copy Course option
The Course Copy option, avoids the complications of having to manage archives of the original “source” courses; creating, downloading, re-uploading into new shell. It also eliminates the problem of importing old student data, such as roster entries, student submissions, activity logs, from previous courses. This is why we recommend using the Course Copy option under the Packages and Utilities menu.
How do I Navigate the Blackboard Environment?
For more information, please read Getting Started with Blackboard.
How do I create Announcements?
For more information, please read How to Create Announcements.
Video: Creating an Announcement
How do I Add Items, Links, Files, and Folders to Content Areas?
For more information, please read Building Content.
How do I use the Discussion forums?
Fore more information, please read Using the Discussion Board.
How do I create Assignments (AKA Dropboxes)?
For more information, please read Assignments.
How do I use the Course Messages and Campus Email Tools?
How do I use the Adaptive Release Features?
For more information, please read About Adaptive Release.
How do I use the Calendar and Date Management Tools?
For more information, please read Using the Blackboard Calendar.
How do I Create Tests and Surveys?
For more information, please read Tests and Surveys.