Respondus 4.0 requires a full installation, separate from 3.5. Respondus 4.0 is a separate installation from 3.X, and there is no need to uninstall 3.x since both versions can reside together on the same computer.
Install and activate Respondus
To get the program download link and activation information for Respondus, please contact OES.
Once downloaded to your computer:
- To begin the installation process, locate the Respondus40Campus.exe file that was downloaded to your hard drive. You can find it by using ‘My Computer’ or ‘Windows Explorer.’ Double-click the file to start the Respondus installation program and follow the instructions on the screen. Once Respondus is installed, start the program by double-clicking the Respondus icon that appears on the Windows desktop.
- Immediately after the Respondus software is activated, you will be prompted to select a Course Management System (CMS) “personality.” Select Blackboard. (If Respondus does not open immediately after install/activation, find Respondus in your Start menu.)
- Update your new install. Click the Help menu in Respondus, then Check for Update.
- Respondus Quick Start Guide
- Respondus User Guide – Select Respondus 4.0 User Guide — Blackboard Learn
- Respondus Introductory Videos