Please select from the following options, and click on an item to view additional information.
Where is the installer and license information for SoftChalk?
SoftChalk can be downloaded from the Instructor’s Lounge in Blackboard. If you need assistance, contact OES.
Steps to install SoftChalk and enter your license
- Download the SoftChalk installer. Save the installer file locally on your computer.
- Click the installer and follow the prompts to complete the installation.
- After installing SoftChalk, look for the SoftChalk 8 icon on your desktop. Double-click the icon to start the SoftChalk application. Within the SoftChalk application, go to the Help menu and choose Enter License. (If you are a Macintosh user, go to the top left of your screen and Choose File/Enter License.)
- Copy and paste the license info into the License name and License Key fields.
- You will also need to fill out the user information fields. Click OK.
How to Upload SoftChalk in Blackboard
To upload your SoftChalk Create in your Blackboard course, follow these steps;
A. Get access code:
1. In you Blackboard course, open the Course Tools menu and select SoftChalk Publish with ScoreCenter.
2. Click Submit on the SoftChalk Access Code Configuration page.
3. You will see the unique access code for you to use. Copy and save that code for now. The next step is to open SoftChalk Create and set up the server information so you can easily upload to your Blackboard course.
B. Enter Server Information
1. Open SoftChalk Create and go to File > Manage Publish Accounts.
2. The Publish Accounts window will open. Since this is the initial setup, the window will be blank. Go ahead and click on New. Select Blackboard from the Account Type list.
3. The Blackboard Account Configuration window will appear. Provide the following details:
- Descriptive name: KCKCC Blackboard
- Server address:
- Access code: (Paste the code you got from Blackboard.)
C. Add SoftChalk Create Lesson to your Blackboard course
1. Go to File > Save to LMS.
2. The Save to LMS window will open. SoftChalk Create will connect to KCKCC Blackboard (the settings we have set up earlier. If it doesn’t connect automatically, click the Connect button.)
3. Provide the following information:
- Save Format: ZIP or ScoreCenter
- Item Name: Your SoftChalk Create presentation name
- Select apropriate boxes if you want the SoftChalk Create presentation to launch in a new window, visibility status, and track number of views.
- The Metadata button opens a new window where you can add additional information about your SoftChalk Create presentation.
- The Modify section enables you to create a new folder in the course folder or sub-folder you select, or view the course you selected.
4. In the Repository box on the right side of the window, your Blackboard courses will populate. Select the course folder you want your SoftChalk Create presentation to be added in. Click on the plus sign beside the course folder to reveal sub-folders.
5. Click the Save button on the left side of the window.
6. It will briefly load a progress bar. After successfully saving your SoftChalk Create presentation in your selected course (or its sub-folder), you will see a notification message.
7. Click Close to exit the Save to LMS window.
8. In Blackboard, go to the your course to view the integrated SoftChalk Create Lesson.